Lemon is such a fresh spring-y flavor! I just love it :) The cookies are super soft with amazing flavor thanks to the lemon zest. Stephanie, who I got the recipe from, called them 'melt in your mouth'. They really are wonderful! And yeah, since I made them you know they are easy too :)
Lemon Cream Cookies Source: Stephanie's Kitchen
1 box lemon cake mix
zest & juice from 1 large lemon
18 oz cool whip, softened
1. Zest the lemon, then squeeze the juice.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, egg, lemon juice and lemon zest. The batter may be crumbly.
3. Fold in the cool whip. The batter will become very sticky. It's okay, put it in the refrigerator for about an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350 F.
5. Scoop the batter to the desired size and roll in powdered sugar.
6. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (I didn't use parchment paper).
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden.
This post linked to Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies